Thursday, June 28, 2007

Life and Family

This week has been very strange. Mum and Dad called into our house on Tuesday night to pass on the news that Mike's mum had died. Her husband had called their house, and left a message with my brother.

I don't understand some families. I look at mine growing up, and it all seemed normal to get along and enjoy each other's company. Us kids would do anything for each other. Then there's other families who don't get along, don't understand each other, and manipulate each other. Life's too short.

Jean and Mike didn't get along. He's not really talking about her death, except as a relief, because he doesn't have to deal with her anymore. And to be honest, I can't blame him. But what about further down the track? Will he feel guilty, sad, angry, what? Mum and I had a little talk on Wednsesday with him, and he can't remember any good memories of him and Jean. I can't comprehend that.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, hugs.
    It's always hard when someone dies, even if you don't really know how to react to the death. Mike has found his family in yours and that's not such a terrible thing.
    But I know what you mean about not understanding other people's families...

    ReplyDelete